Sunday, May 1, 2011

True Story

Several weeks ago my brother and I drove to Phoenix and had some very lively conversations. (you can read these at your own risk HERE and HERE) Among these inane conversations was the invigorating debate whether PMF was already established. My brother said he was claiming PMF as the new meme Palm Meets Forehead- a gesture of striking your palm against your forehead as a sign of showing annoyance at the ignorance around you. I disputed that FacePalm already existed. Bryce exclaimed he thought PMF already existed as short for Pissed Motha Fucka.

Daniel, in his valiant attempt to prove everyone wrong immediately searched UrbanDictionary.com and found no such entries referring to PMF as Palm Meets Forehead. Furthermore, he wrote the editors of UrbanDictionary.com his proposed meme and accompanying definition and examples.

PMF

Palm Meet Forehead- to show the person(s) around you that you know they are doing either 
the blatantly obvious or that they are dumber than a box of rocks. PMF is often accompanied by 
the "doh" sound upon striking the palm on the forehead.

In an obvious situation; My friend stuck his hand in boiling water and said it was "Hot."  
The proper response would be to PMF

In a dumb situation; My friend got drunk and thought he was falling off the face of the Earth. 
Show your feelings by PMF

He was just emailed the reply:


Thanks for your definition of PMF!

Editors reviewed your entry and have decided to publish it on urbandictionary.com.

It should appear on this page in the next few days:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=PMF

Urban Dictionary

My brother can be so irritating when he's right. Although, there are other PMF references and FacePalm does, in fact, already exist, I concede he wins this battle. BTW once it's up on the site, you can buy a T-shirt with PMF definition and all proceeds benefit the my-little-brother-owes-me-rent fund! 

1 comment:

  1. Wow I am getting published on something that I literally wrote in all of two minutes. Val, sometimes the simple things in life really are better. Oh, that rent fund really needs some money so go ahead and get like for or five for the people you love, it will make a great stocking stuffer lol.

    ReplyDelete