Saturday, April 16, 2011

Road Trip to Phoenix

So on our trip to Phoenix this past weekend, Daniel had this crazy notion he would pass the time on his laptop while I drove. Unbelievably, he did just that the whole way. It is incredible to think we no longer live in the era of road trip I-Spy and parents no longer need to entice children with a riveting round of "the quiet game." We have game-boys, iPods, portable DVD players, and laptops to keep us individually entertained for extended periods of time.

Occasionally, I prompted Daniel to take random photos and instructed him to keep track of the music we were listening to so I could later put together a road trip mix CD, if I felt so inclined. He thought it would be better to write down our conversations, and later, random musings. Chaos ensued, and from this, comedic genius was birthed. I admit, it gets rather silly and kind of long, so read on at your own risk....



Actual transcripts from our road trip to Phoenix:


Mambo #5-Lou Bega
45-shine down
Meet at the equinox-Death Cab for Cutie
When I'm gone- Eminem
Mocking BirdEminem
One is the Loneliest Number-Three Dog Night
Take a Minute- K'Naan
Waiting for My Ruca-Absract Rude
Mexican Radio- Authority Zero
Falls Apart- Hurt
Bless The Broken Road-Rascal Flatts
Smooth-Santana
The Only Exception-Paramore
The Dog Days-??


Valerie-Rain drops Daniel, Rain Drops!!
Daniel- YEHOO!!!
Valerie-wow I have not watched the road this entire time
Daniel-It's not like its going anywhere
Valerie-:P Doh
Daniel-why is there snow on the small mountain. but not the big one?
Valerie- Well that one is slightly more south.
Daniel- Doh! Palm meet face





Daniel- Vall you better not slow down cuz I'll shoot you.
Valerie- oh, well that's not very nice.
Valerie- Are you really typing everything?
Daniel- No response but it was an understood yes

Daniel-what is this song?
Valerie- Fly by Ludvico
Daniel- How do you spell that?
Valerie- F-L
Daniel- I hate you Val *PMF*

Valerie-smack hand on window, "It's cold."
Daniel- Great observation, eye roll





Stop at Arby's for food. Daniel isn't hungry, but ends up eating half Valerie's fries. Valerie ordered 5 chicken strips, but was awesomely awarded 6. Val feeding Daniel while he drives:
Valerie-open up wide, I got fries
Daniel-opens wide-
Valerie-feeding Daniel
Daniel-val, you totally missed my mouth-he lciks the side of his cheek
Valerie-oops, sorry. here's a piece of chicken'
Daniel-open mouth even wider, starts to close
Valerie-wait! don't bite me
Daniel-then get you're hand out of me mouth
Valerie-I didn't want to hit your cheek again
Daniel-whatever
Valerie-ok, ready for another bite?
Daniel-opens up mouth
Valerie-okay, I'm just going to set the food on your tongue this time
Daniel-starts laughing

two songs go by

Daniel-are you writing these songs down?
Valerie-no, Bryce put random songs on here
Daniel-you should play with the camera and record yourself






TRACK 2
track 3

Valerie-okay, I think we've heard all these songs about 3 times now. Time for a new CD


puts in Broken Bells CD

Valerie-I love this song, but I cant understand the lyrics, so I just make them up




to each his own
the dog don't answer if you knock
cut his lips on the bar
I don't know but the dead cant talk to anyone
come on and get the mini bar
before you open up your eyes
this zombie's already hands
to analyze
collect it at the borderline
the ones you get out of your hair
cuz we love our salty moms
the high road is hard to find
the detour is onion line
tell all of your friends killing mine
the dogs who ran all night
that's all you hoped it was
a break from the warfare in your house
to each his own
the soldiers bent bailing out
its too late to change your mind
let guard be your guide
its too late to change your life
you let laws be your guide

Valerie-oh here's another one




clap clap clap
clap clap clap
she sold her love to a modern man
cuz solid currency is the hardest to love
all of that money lets you cover your arm
don't let the lady finger blow in your hand
still in love 
with your daughter
shes a star tonight
without warning
she gave up the ghost inside
just like Lewinsky, ball and chain on the floor
too lit to lead all the songs in the cut
for our daughter
shes a star tonight
without warning
she gave up the ghost inside
some call it chivalry never pull a punch for free
you ever wonder why they had to move on
it so neon coat
double standard you invoke when you walk

for our daughter
shes a star tonight
without warning
she gave up the ghost inside
was it all for show
don't turn into arms again
turn another page
trust me darling
turn it all hate
trust me darling
cover them up to the dust in your town'
crawling over rubble



Daniel-gawd I was hoping one of these cars would stop so I could pass
Valerie-sighs-are we there yet?

Valerie-this is weird, I'm actually getting really tired
Daniel-well you worked all day and I slept in
Valerie-rub it in why don't you?
Daniel-well...
Daniel-it's dark out and its nighttime and I'm tired. this has never happened before. what do i do?
Valerie-shut up
Daniel-i can only help you so much, val



Valerie changes CD and Kesha starts playing

Daniel-shakes his head
Daniel-horrible
Daniel-seriously, val….open up videos on the laptop and search dynamite hack
Valerie-plays boyz in da hood video
Daniel-sings along
the video skips ahead to the end
Daniel-did you skip ahead?
Valerie-not on purpose, I may have hit something
song ends
Daniel-yeah, you did. It didn’t play the whole song
Valerie-sorry, want me to start over?
Daniel-nah, I just needed a song I knew the lyrics too and relief from kesha
it gets quiet
Valerie-I need something, what other videos do you have?
Daniel-I have more music than videos
Valerie-50 cent? No thank you. Oooh…clicks song

Aerosmith walk this way plays

Daniel-oh yeah!
Valerie and Daniel sing along
Daniel-so how much cocaine did Charlie sheen actually do?
Valerie-damn! I know this one. I just heard it the other day. Um…
Daniel-just stares at Valerie
Valerie-I dunno
Daniel-enough to kill two and half men
Valerie-see, I told you I knew that one
Daniel-do you realize we are coming home with 25 boxes of girl scout cookies?
Valerie-yeah, I know
Daniel-we should stop at the hoover dam and give some away to the security guards
Valerie-we’ll still have like 20 boxes left



Blake Shelton-ol red

Daniel-oh I love this song. Have you heard it?
Valerie-yeah
Daniel-do u like it?
Valerie-I'm playing it now, aren’t i?
Daniel starts singing along



1 comment:

  1. So I love how all but the last picture at the end I took, even though you are the one who wanted to take pictures.

    ReplyDelete