Friday, May 13, 2011

Call Me Trump...

...Cuz "You're Fired!"



Is it a jinx to fire someone on Friday the 13th? Hope not, because this morning that's the predicament I was in. I'm just so relieved now that it is all done and over with. I knew for over a year that this was the direction we were heading. In January I composed the annual performance evaluation and a separation seemed inevitable. I reviewed with the employee in March and a final warning was issued with a 30 day re-review. After more than 30 days, the evidence was insurmountable that this employee was not meeting the standards and expectations set forth. Still...

The most painful part was knowing what was coming. Ripping a band-aid off as slow as possible would have been preferable. Confrontation doesn't bother me. If someone was in my face screaming, I would have no problem putting them in their place. But playing the political game of documentation and CYA was brutal. Alas, it is done.

Unfortunately, my other CSR informed me Monday he found another position and would be resigning at the end of next week. So, that leaves me and myself to run the warehouse. Luckily the powers-that-be graciously granted me budget for a temp until I could find a replacement. We're going into the busiest month of our busiest season (summer in Las Vegas in HVAC industry-do the math) and I have to train a temp, interview and hire a replacement then train that guy too.

It's going to be difficult and frustrating and long hours and miserable. Somehow I think I'm going to enjoy every painstaking minute because I finally feel like a real manager. Nobody can treat me like a newbie or trainee after this. It's my branch and I will OWN it. I fired your ass. I will hire your replacement. I will mold him into my bitch. And I will rock every frickin minute of it.

Watch out boys, I finally feel like myself again.

......BTW this is the same employee that did THIS

No comments:

Post a Comment