Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Burger King

Have It Your Way...
Unless you try to order the Rodeo Burger. 

Apparently that is no longer available on the menu-shows you how often I go to the BK Lounge. Even though they have all the fixin's! Burger? Check. Cheese? check. Onion ring? BBQ Sauce? Bacon? Check. Check. Check. But I'm told some cockamamie story that there's no button on the register to charge me. I would have to order a cheeseburger, add the bacon, hold the mayo, mustard, lettuce, pickle, onion. I would be charged for a whole order of onion rings, of course, they can't just charge me 10 cents for a single O Ring like they do for cheese and bacon. I have to remember to request BBQ sauce before I drive off then assemble the burger myself. 

Frustrated, I demand to know the cheapest, most comparable item on the menu and am directed to the Burger King Single Stacker for only $1. I order 2. It's a burger with cheese, "bacon," and I get my free BBQ sauce to add on top. Some assembly still required. No frills and no thrills-I got exactly what I paid for. Because I work in a warehouse: "I have ruler, will measure" (or is it "have measuring tape, will rule?"). The standard bun measures 3 inches across and the patty is only 2 inches in diameter. You do the math-this is the smallest burger I have ever seen rivaling that of Mickey D's kids meal burger for the most pathetic. I would have been better off getting 1 double than 2 singles for $2-twice the meat substitute and half the carbs! My "medium" fries, however, can feed China's army. No wonder America is obese. 

Next time I'm getting Subway for lunch-at least there I know what disappointing bread awaits and I can pretend I'm eating healthy.


No comments:

Post a Comment