Thursday, November 11, 2010

Utah for Work

I'd love to write more, but it's friggin Utah. Bo-ring! Spent all day in meetings with a bunch of engineers and plant managers from our corporate office and also had my Regional Operations Manager and Vice President of my division in town. Then hurried to the airport to catch our flight. An hour and 20 minutes we arrived in Salt Lake City. The flight was absolutely miserable because I forgot to take Dramamine for motion sickness and had a mini-panic attack on the plane. I almost convinced myself I was going into anaphylactic shock because my throat started to close up and I couldn't breathe. My whole body tensed and spasmed like it does when you have the worst case of the flu. I felt nauseous and dizzy and suffered from vertigo.



Finally got off the plane and my colleagues insisted on lugging around my bags. They were 30% sympathetic and 60% mocking. One guy told me I looked like shit, no offense. Then they harassed me when I said I was hungry. Salt Lake City is an hour ahead so I'm not real tired but I have to be ready to leave by 715am for a 45 minute drive to Ogden. What the frick is in Ogden? We will be there for all of 5 hours doing our mock audit of the branch before it's time to turn around, drive 45 minutes back to SLC, to hop on a 1 hour and 20 minute flight back to Vegas so I can then drive 30 more minutes up to North Las Vegas and finally get home at before dinner which I will be eating alone because Bryce works evenings.

At least I have a corporate card I can expense all my meals to.

BTW we close on our house next week! So excited for that. Makes works almost bearable.

2 comments:

  1. I feel bad I couldn't fly with you and make you feel better on the plane. I love you huns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dr Inferno Nearhi, it really sucked getting sick while sitting between coworkers. Not nearly as much as it sucked to be them though. Haha.

    ReplyDelete