Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Bandslam

I wanted to see this when it was in theaters, but it came and went so fast, I missed it. When it came available to watch on Starz, I couldn't pass it up-it was free! Thank goodness for that. While it wasn't the most horrible movie I've ever watched (See:When in Rome), I am glad I didn't spend money on this film.
So, I am a total sucker for the High School Musical series and thought this would be a less Disney-esque PC version. Kind of. Vanessa Hudgens, cute as a button, is annoying as a monotone ex-stutterer with even very little personality. Thank goodness, she isn't the focus of the film. That is split between the main guy-I don't care enough to know the actor's name because he is really ugly to look at for a whole movie and needs to only show up as a sidekick. He doesn't even have an awkward Michael Cera vibe that he can play up. At least the screen time is split with Aly Michalka. She is mesmerizing-ly pretty to look at. I have a girl crush on her beautiful blond, naturally kinky curled hair and that little mole above her pouty lips. That sounded totally lez, so let me rephrase: she's a gorgeous actress who makes watching the film bearable even though her character is stupid. Side note: not even her sex appeal combined with bubbly Ashley Tisdale in a short skirt can save Hellcats on WB.

I digress. The movie is okay and has some funny LOL moments, but overall is a snooze fest with forgettable songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment