Tuesday, November 23, 2010

My Cra-zay-zy Week

This week has been absolutely wild! Had an 8am appointment Monday to sign for the house. Alerted late Sunday night that there was an error on the docs, so the meeting was postponed. By 10am, got an email stating we would sign at noon. Arrived at title company at 1145am where we met with our mortgage broker in the lobby. He had been there since 8am and the papers still weren't ready. We gave it another 30 minutes before finally heading off to lunch. As soon as we ordered our food, got a call that the docs were in and we needed to head back to sign. Scarfed our food then drove 15 minutes back to title company only to discover the docs arrived but there were still some errors. Normal signing process takes about an hour, we did it in 35 minutes then bolted out of the place to get Bruce Turbo to work by 3pm. Are we awesome, or what?

Fast forward to Wednesday-we are supposed to close on the house, but paperwork (surprise, surprise!) gets held up and we don't record until Thursday afternoon. I get a call from our wonderful real estate agent who informs me she is really sick and can't drive the 55 minutes from Henderson to NLV to hand over the keys. I tell her not to worry as we are resourceful and already know the code to the lock-box, so we can retrieve the keys ourselves. Although i am super excited, I wait until Friday morning to claim our house so Bryce and I can do this together.

Friday morning, Bryce carries me over the threshold as my dad hoped he would and we unload our first carload of stuff. Friday also marks 1 month following my father's passing. Imagine my emotions on a simultaneously happy and sad day. I go to work late, but have trouble concentrating. Bryce manages to get the day off work so we spend the evening packing.

Bryce wakes up 8am Saturday morning when his phone rings. It's Cox calling to say they are on their way to the house to install the additional cable outlets. Shit! We overslept. Bryce rushes to get dressed and leaves in a hurry to meet the worker at the house. Meanwhile, I get up and begin packing more. Movers are coming in 4 hours and we are only half packed. The Cox installation is only supposed to take a couple of hours, but when I call for a progress report at 1030am, they have run into problems. I continue packing, but am interrupted at 1130am when the movers say they are almost there. They are early and I have packed nothing in the kitchen yet. Double shit!

I pack while they move. From a second floor apartment to a 2 story house and I do minimal work. Best $275 I ever spent. 3 guys in 3 hours moves everything from one place to the other. Just as Bryce and I break for lunch at 4pm (we haven't eaten all day), my work phone rings-a customer needs me to come in asap. I joke with him to hurry as I'm starving and moving and thankfully, he does. We finally make our way to Red Robin, Yum! for a late lunch/early dinner. Red Robin now serves signature dessert cupcakes for $1.99. One thing leads to another and we end up at Just Cupcakes! down the road. Half a dozen cupcakes later, we settle in to the house for the night.

We spent all night setting up the office that we never got around to setting up the bedroom and as a result, wake up extremely stiff and sore from sleeping on the floor. After little debate, it's decided we should see a movie. Harry Potter 7 is awesome! Due Date was very disappointing. I would review both movies, but there isn't much more to say. HP7 speak for itself and Due Date is that forgettable. Half a package of Red Vines, a giant movie soda, an AMC hot dog and Denny's soup and salad later and I'm more than a little sick to my stomach.

Cue another Monday morning. I wake up absolutely freezing because our heat isn't turned on in the new house. I rush to work in dirty clothes because I can't find clean ones. My jacket is non-uniform because my work jacket is MIA and it's too cold without one. I get a call from hubby at 3pm informing me our water has been turned off. It was on all weekend, we had planned to switch it over to our name, but didn't have the information and overlooked researching it sooner. The soonest it can get turned back on is "sometime tomorrow."

After work, I gather everything I need to shower and take it back to the apartment. As I lather up my hair with shampoo it dawns on me I did not bring a towel. I search the apartment, naked and dripping, for something to dry off with and discover paper towels we left behind to clean with. 26 3-ply Brawny's later, I am dry and freezing. When I finally get back to the house, I prepare a salad and frozen lasagna for dinner. Only half our kitchen has been moved over and nothing unpacked, so it's paper bowls and plastic forks for me. I walk around the kitchen twice looking for the microwave to nuke my lasagna. Turns out, we don't have a microwave. This is not my night. My 4 minute prep time becomes a 50 minute bake time in the oven. I chat with my brother. A nice conversation regarding some very unpleasant things. I love that kid. After all I've been through, I decide to lounge in front of the tv the rest of the night instead of unpacking. Every noise I hear freaks me out and I become convinced there is a rapist prowler peeping tom murdering robber outside circling my house even though it is a perfectly safe, gated community next to a busy street with lots of lights.

That leads me to today.Very uneventful, comparatively. Just preparing for Thanksgiving, Black Friday, and my mom's visit next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment