Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Name of The Game is Shame

That's right, ladies and gentlemen, I am taking my weight loss ambitions public in a pathetic attempt to shame myself into pursuing my goals. While thoroughly motivated every time I glimpse my flabby belly and chunky butt in the mirror, I lose all will when presented with a choice between ice cream and anything remotely healthy. Cheeseburgers win my affections over Smart Choice frozen dinners and I can't seem to cut my ties with Coca-Cola. Damn you, delicious caffeinated beverage!

Alas, my personal humiliation each time my personal trainer confronts me with my .5 lb weight loss (which, incidentally took me 2 weeks to accomplish) is insufficient. That is why I have started a contest with 3 of the 4 most important men in my life for various prizes and, more importantly, bragging rights. Because there's nothing more fun than winning and then holding that over someone else's head! Collin, Dylan, and Bryce have underestimated my determination and it will be the end of them. Mwah-ha-ha-ha!!!

Okay, reeling in the psychotic a little bit, I will explain the terms and conditions. The first deal started with Collin, my best friend, for us to both get in shape. He has helped me tremendously to put together a meal plan that I can actually stick with. Since Collin used to be my gym buddy back in the PHO, it made sense we would continue our weight-loss partnership. As a friendly wager, we bet that whoever lost the most BMI % by the January 1st would be declared winner. Prize TBD, but it will most likely include dinner and a movie of some sort courtesy of the loser.

However, Collin lives a state away, so I needed someone local to ensure I stick to my meal plan and weight loss goals. That's when I turned to my husband, Bryce. Bryce, though I lvoe him dearly, has put on a few post-wedding LB's as well, so I figured we could enter in a similar motivational agreement. Hence, it was decided that the person to lose the most weight by December 1st would be declared the winner. Again, prize TBD. Although, the prize in this instance doesn't matter as much because my $ is his $ and vice versa. And the real prize will be my husband looking smoking hot!!

This brings us to my final weight loss challenger, Dylan. My "work husband." I mentioned I was going to the gym and he said he was on his way there today, too. Then he presented a little bet that he could reach his weight loss goal faster than me. Since I don't take no shit from no one, I'z gots to show hisself up, yo! (That's my smack talk-needs a little work). We both want to lose about 20 pounds, so the first to hit their goal is declared winner. Since I reside in Vegas and Dylan was relocated to SoCal, we decided the most appropriate prize is dinner in Phoenix (as we both have ties there, we can meet halfway).

The 4th man in my life (though 1st in ranking) would be my brother, Daniel. There is no way in H-E-Double hockey sticks I am betting with him because he trained to be a Marine, is fit as a fiddle, and his job requires him to run around in inclement weather for 9 hour shifts. If I lived in the same state, I would hire him to coach me.

So, there we have it. My bid to the masses to shame me into a fit lifestyle has begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment