Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Disneyland Sept. 2010

Just got back from Dinseyland a little over a week ago. I went with my mom and sister and had a blast. But you know what would make Disneyland more enjoyable? Less kids. A LOT less kids. Those whiny, sniveling, screaming, smelly brats that can't even comprehend why their there. I think parents are insane for buying such expensive tickets for these youngsters who get impatient standing in line, shouldn't be eating such unhealthy park food, and miss nap time just to fall asleep before the fireworks in front of Sleeping Beauty's Castle. And for the love of all that is sacred, STOP ramming your stroller into my ankle!!!

There really should be a Disneyland-for adults only. Most would argue it's called Las Vegas-Sin City-The Strip. I live here and disagree. Las Vegas is nothing like Disneyland! Sure it's flashy and you see all sorts of outrageous characters dressed up while you walk down the main street. And you pass themed hotels. And you spend a lot of money on bad food and wishful thinking. I guess, whoever first likened the two may have had a point.

I digress....

PICTURE TIME

Day 1-AM

Me, my mom and sister enter the park and start with a fool-proof gameplan on how we will route our adventures and make the most of the FastPass.


Mr. Toad's Wild Ride- The most messed up Tale in all of Disneyland.


Teacup with my Sis.


Soaking wet after I'm forced to claim the front seat at Splash Mountain.


Halloween -Time at Disneyland had the Haunted Mansion at it's best. All decked out as Nightmare Before Christmas. Definitely my favorite!


What's Disneyland without some mouse ears?


Day 1-PM

After some rest and a quick outfit change (actually, my third for the day), we were at it again!


Main Street, USA glowing in the evening.



Sleeping Beauty's castle.


Fireworks? check. Water Display? check. Wiped out and ready for bed? You betcha!

Day 2-AM

After a second night sleeping in the car (and yes, we had a hotel room-don't ask), we were semi-refreshed and once again visited the Happiest Place on Earth. On to Phase II of our glorious plan to master the park.


Tomorrowland!


Tribute to Mickey-J at Captain E.O's.


To Infinity, and Beyond!


By lunchtime-the heat started to rise and the lines were longer than the previous day.





Space Mountain. My mom's just trying to keep her glasses on, but I'm screaming with my sister in the back.


Autopia! Perhaps this is more fun as a kid when you have yet to discover the joys of driving a real car and the woes of speeding tickets to come.



A few quick pics of Toontown before we bolted as heat exhasution set in. Seriously, I almost died.




Waiting on the sidewalk for the Parade, we were entertained by the cutest jazz band.


Celebrate! Parade.




No consistency at Disneyland. Leave it to my sister's editorial eye to catch this.



Day 2-PM

Break for lunch away from the park and change back to comfy clothes from the night before.


In line at Alice in Wonderland. Can you tell how hot it is by my sweating to death?


Finally! Our adventure has come to an end. my mom fell asleep on the shuttle ride back to the hotel. The, literally, 5 minute shuttle ride.



Day 3-AM

Tired. Worn out. Exhausted. I begin my 4 hour trek home-sans the 6 inch stilettos I donned on the drive down. Til next time, Anaheim!

No comments:

Post a Comment