Sunday, October 10, 2010

Happy Anniversary!!

Ok, so in typical female fashion-I changed my mind. Cleaning the apartment just wasn't up to snuff for our 2 year anniversary. And I have my whole life ahead of me to earn money, so why not spend it now? (these theories are great in, well, theory). Last minute, I planned our day to include a couples massage, a nice sushi dinner, see a movie, followed by drinks and then hit up a club. Here's how the day really went:

MASSAGE

Booked an appointment for a Swedish massage for me and Bryce. A swedish massage is supposed to be nice and relaxing, light to medium pressure that soothes the muscles and invigorates the mind. That's exactly what Bryce got. I wound up with Maria. A New Age massage therapist who insisted we start off by going to the bathroom together and, BTW, conversed while in stalls, a big NO NO. After massaging me for a couple minutes, she decided my muscles are too tense and breaks out every home remedy massage tool Bed, Bath and Beyond has to offer! At one point Maria even emitted tiny micro-bursts of electro shocks to my ass in order to "asisst in better posture." I seriously can't make this stuff up. My favorite part was when I drifted to her soothing massage only to be awakend by her banging a tuning fork against the side of the table so she could vibrate her crystal which she then used for "non-invassive acupuncture therapy." No, I change my mind. My absolute, all-time, most favoritest part was when Maria felt my knees were uneven so she began to stretch my legs across my body and rotate my hips. keep in mind, I am nothing but a thong here. Nude stretching is NOT what I signed up for!

DINNER

We followed up our massage with a nice dinner at Kabuki. Not much to say here-the food was fantastic. They always make the best Califronia rolls and the yakitori is d-lish. After eating, we had a couple hours to kill before the movie started so we walked around Town Square-the trendy, outdoor community strip mall where Kabuki and the movie theatre is located. Bryce got some frozen yogurt, I stopped by the candy shop. It was a sweet date.

MOVIE

Bored with walking around, Bryce and I purchased movie tickets for Life As We Know It and grabbed seats 40 minutes before the movie started. We got primo seats and just relaxed and talked. About 30 minutes later, Bryce was wondering why the movie hadn't started yeet. I double-checked the time on our movie stubs and realized we bought tickets for the wrong movie. We wanted to see Its Kind Of a Funny Story. The irony is not lost on me. We found the right theatre, missed only half the previews but were forced to sit in the handicap seats in front of the railing. So much for our plan of arriving half hour early and snagging primo spots. Whatev. movie was good, but mroe on that later.

DRINKS

So, Blue Martini has this sweet deal that if you show your ticket stub from RAVE, you get a free martini. And I'm talking large, $14, leave-the-shaker martini! Bryce and I mosie over to Blue Martini after the movie lets out where we are promptly bounced. We didn't plan our attire to match the club's strict shoe policy. Flip-flops and sneaks, while practical during the day, gets you denied entrance from the swanky club giving free drinks to theater patrons. Super bummed that me, of all people, on the one day I am not wearing the cutest strappy stilettos was denied entrance to a club that would have drooled over anything else in my closet. The world is a cruel, unjust place.

There ends our glorious 2-year anniversary. The massage was weird, we flubbed the movie, and we were denied free drinks, but all-in-all it was a great day spent with my hubby.

No comments:

Post a Comment