Wednesday, October 13, 2010

...And You Can Totally Wear it Again!

Walking the strip Sunday with Bryce and a few friends, I noticed wedding party after wedding party. You had beautiful brides, outrageous brides, ugly bridesmaids, weird dresses. Some carried flowers, some held trailing photographers, some drank and dawdled while others walked with a purpose. And no one blinked twice. Now, it could be that Saturday was my anniversary, or the half cup of Dos Equis setting in (I'm a lightweight), but I started to get sentimental. I realized I could totally walk around the strip WHENEVER I wanted wearing my wedding dress and it wouldn't seem weird. No one had to know that I got married over 2 years ago and I am just insanely obsessed with looking-at what I feel-was my most beautiful. I could proudly wear my fingertip veil and strut my stuff in peace.

Then an even better idea wound its way through me. I decided a bride is not complete without bridesmaids and I should host the 1st Annual "You Can Totally Wear It Again" Strip walk. Every bridesmaid in their hideous, over-tulled, ruffled, bowed, expensive, I-can-never-wear-this-again dresses can get another wear out of their dresses! Think 27 Dresses on the Strip.

What better way to get your money's worth than a drunken non-reception in Las Vegas? A tribute to all the ugly bridesmaid dresses the bride assured you could be altered to be a cute cocktail dress, evening gown, or vacation piece. Those unlucky friends and family that suffered the humiliating, itchy pieces for the sake of their dear bride on her special day. Now, you can don that bad memory with the rest of your fellow bridemaids and drink until you forget every last picture you had to force a smile for in the fabulous Sin City setting.

If I actually thought I could gather enough people to participate in the liberating party, I may even hire a photographer to follow us around. Let me know if you would be interested in something like this!

I will even invite my own bridesmaids, unnecessarily, because I kept my promise of selecting cocktail dresses they could totally wear again! ; )

3 comments:

  1. What a cute idea! A friend of mine and I always talk about throwing a wedding dress party where we all get to wear our wedding dresses again =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have (and can wear) my wedding dress from 30 years ago. I would be down with wearing it for such an event even though the masses would think it a hippie costume.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Count me in!! My only problem is I have three dresses to choose from! I don't know which one too wear.

    ReplyDelete