Thursday, June 16, 2011

Web Recommendations

I love to write. I started my blog as a way to overcome writer's block and get my creative juices flowing. Then I thought it would be fun to share some pictures, a story about my day, or random thoughts and reviews. I lack consistency and POV, but it's my blog to do with I please. 

Although I love my blog, it amuses me to no ends to read this start-up blog with promise: TekSapport.com. It gives voice to the frustrating world of IT/Technical Support/overall customer service positions. Let's face it, when you deal with people, you have a certain level of stupid you must put up with. This genius website details the hilarity that is educating the masses about technical issues. 

At first, I was mildly offended. On a vast number of these problems, I fall into the "duh" category. It's very possible I am the unnamed irate caller that's just NOT getting it. I know it's hard to believe, but if you need help seeing it, you obviously haven't checked out this TRUE STORY

After the initial peeverocity, I realized, this is actually really funny. I mean, really, really, funny. It's all good-natured, clean fun based on real encounters with actual people. In this crazy, fast-paced world, it can be difficult to keep up with rapid changing technology. It's nice to laugh when you see yourself in one of these humiliating stories and it's even better to realize you aren't alone.

Just one of the stories (so you know what you're getting into):

If you would, please type 'i,' like Internet, 'p,' like peter, 'c,' like Charlie, 'o,' like omega, 'n,' like November, 'f,' like frank, 'i,' like Internet, 'g,' like gamma
"I get the message 'i is not recognized as an internal or external command'"
What did you type?
"'I like Internet--'"
Hold on... just to clarify, you typed "I LIKE INTERNET" on this screen?
"Yes."
Just to clarify: You typed 'i' space 'l-i-k-e' space 'i-n-t-e-r-n-e-t'?!
"Yeah."
-The Facepalm heard 'round the call center.

Updating Tuesdays and Thursdays, TekSapport.com is entertaining even if you don't understand the jargon you will enjoy the silliness.

No comments:

Post a Comment