Sunday, June 5, 2011

Introducing the Burse

My newest obsession is the Burse. Book + Purse= Burse.


I first discovered this awesome accessory at my first Las Vegas First Friday event. There was a booth set up that had a whole bunch of book purses on display. Of course, I had to buy one! It only took me about 20 minutes to decide on a title. =)

These hardcover books are turned into purses through matching fabric choices making up the sides and lining and adorable handles and clasps added. As an added bonus, the book is rebound with cloth covers, so you still get to enjoy the book you purchased! 


There are a variety of titles to choose from or you can request a custom title (or provide your own). The downside is the purses are only as big as the book. A small book means a small purse. But this completely unique accessory is worth giving up the space. I used mine today and got 5 compliments just while I was at the salon and grocery store!

There's definitely a book and a look for every type of personality. Mundane titles and plain fabrics for the "safe" bookworms. And more risqué choices for the inner Vegas sinner:


Yes, this is an Alcoholics Anonymous book with a built in flask holder on the backside and includes a vintage inspired flask. And when you're done sinning you can sit down with the Good Book:


The Holy Bible never looked so good. And of course, you receive the book re-bound in matching materials. 

The typical Burse runs from $20-$45 depending on the size and cost of the book. I love this idea so much, I immediately scanned my bookshelf when I got home for my next purse. 

Want more info? You can see her work and updates on www.aburse.com or visit Burses By Ammy on Facebook at www.facebook.com/burses.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome post and Ammy has some fabulous Burses! Congratulations Ammy! (Kathy and Carrie from Dark Decors)

    ReplyDelete