Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Collin's Visit

Holy Frijoles! These past few weeks have been a whirlwind of friends and family and work overload. I'm so glad I can finally rest at home and get a chance to blog. It's been so long since me and my laptop have had our alone time.

So, my friend Collin came to Vegas a few weekends ago and stayed with us in our luxurious guest room (mattress on the floor is a major upgrade from previous accommodations). It was a really great visit. We gambled some. I taught Collin how to play craps and won $140. He lost everything, made a 2nd stop at the ATM and won $600 at the roulette table. I made him walk away after that. We tried an amazing new restaurant featured on Food Network's "Man vs Food," Hash House A Go Go.

See video here:
http://www.travelchannel.com/travelchannel/TV_Shows/Man_V_Food/Video/Fried_Chicken_Eggs_Benedict

The food was really tasty and came in outrageously large portions.


The S'More's Latte that all 3 of us shared, it was so big!

The bun on my burger was about 6 inches in diameter.  

Collin had the Fried Chicken Benedict-the meal shown on Man vs Food. For Collin, "food" won out. He took more than half back home in a to-go box.

After we gorged ourselves at brunch, Bryce, Collin and I went back home to rest. We made Lime/Patron cupcakes then spent the evening at Yard House where we all got a little tipsy! Sunday followed with another gluttonous buffet breakfast at Aliante Station in North Las Vegas and more gambling. I finally dropped Collin off at the airport Monday night after work. It was sad to see him go but I had a great weekend and look forward to next time he comes to Vegas!





No comments:

Post a Comment