Monday, August 8, 2011

It's Not A Run On Sentence If It's Poetry

Swirling, twirling butterflies in my stomach pitted against all the anger and confusion
Smothering what I feel
In a million tingling sensations pulling me in on myself
Until I'm inside out and upside down hanging by my Achilles Heel
Wondering
When will this slow burning torture be over
And the world will right itself,
But the wind never stops when you want it to,
just brings on the rain and fire bolts
Searing flashes of energy shining light on the depths or darkness
You hoped would remain covered up by the sheets over your head
Hiding from the monsters under your bed
Like a good little girl never wandering far from home or happiness but
You don't experience happiness like others
Only balls of sadness and fluff fill your life in place of true emotion
An empty soul and empty eyes
Leave a blank face
With plastic smiles
All teeth no bite
Wondering
Wonder
When will I stop missing you?

1 comment: